The National Association for Gambling Studies Inc. aims to promote discussion and research into all areas of gambling activity. We have members from the industry, treatment agencies, academics, regulators and gamblers themselves.
We would like to invite you to take out/renew membership of NAGS Inc. for the 2019-20 financial year.
The benefits of NAGS membership include:
- Eligibility for the Annual NAGS Research Grant (up to $10,000).
- Eligibility for the NAGS Student Conference Presentation Award.
- Reduced registration rates for the NAGS Annual Conference.
- Ability to seek expert research and other advice from other NAGS members.
- Networking opportunities.
- The Association’s Journal, Gambling Research and other NAGS publication
- Past Journals and Conference Presentations
- Student Conference Scholarships
- Student Research Presentation Awards
NAGS organisational membership entitles up to five (5) individuals from the same organisation to membership rights.
If more than five members, please use the ADDITIONAL CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP Membership Level to add more members. Additional members over and above the initial 5 members are registered at a cost of $66.00 each.
All fees are inclusive of GST.
- All new members need to be endorsed by the Commitee
- Any renewal from the 1st of September will need to be endorsed by the Commitee
NAGS is Australia’s leading forum on gambling – providing opportunities for open and respectful discussion and encouraging all participants to share their knowledge, expertise and opinions.
The Association is a not-for-profit, self-funding organisation that, as a body, has no opinions or biases in the gambling debate, however individual members of the Association hold a diverse range of views.
The NAGS Annual Conference is an excellent medium for knowledge sharing, networking with colleagues and exploring opportunities for discussion and collaboration with all other stakeholders in the gambling domain.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote, conduct, commission, develop and coordinate opportunities for research into gambling and activities associated with gambling;
- To act as an agent for the collection and dissemination of information and data related to gambling and associated activities;
- To develop, encourage and provide improved research standards and better facilities for research and analysis so as to assist and encourage members to achieve improved research skills; and
To further knowledge and understanding of gambling and gambling related issues in the community.
NAGS FINANCIAL SUPPORT / SPONSORSHIP
NAGS derives its funding from member fees and conference proceeds. NAGS seeks conference sponsorship from all stakeholders as a means of minimising registrant costs – particularly as these relate to the funding of meals and social events – in order to enhance the accessibility and affordability of the conference for all.
Sponsorship is accepted only in accordance with NAGS policy that:
- funds cannot influence conference program content or choice of speakers; and
- NAGS does not promote commercial gambling products/services or any special interest group agenda.
For further information please contact us to request a copy of the NAGS Sponsorship Guidelines (firstname.lastname@example.org).